- You wish you had a main squeeze, but you spend more time squeezing yourself.
- You’ve tried every online dating site there is, and everything sucks rocks.
- You’ve given up hope that you’ll find love.
If you’ve answered “True” to any of these, it’s time to make a New Year’s New Love Goal.
You deserve love just like everybody else. You know that, right? If you don’t, that’s your first goal. Believe it! Next goal is change. If you haven’t been successful with your recent methods of fishing, you gotta mix it up. Get a new pole, buy a new lure, change ponds. You get my drift?
I’m guessing you’ve heard about and have probably tried most (or all) of the popular dating site’s like:
- Christian Singles Meet
- Plenty of Fish
If those methods haven’t been workin’ for you, I’m imploring you, dear one, to explore these five new ways to look for love.
- Tell Everybody You Know That You’re Officially Looking: You’ve spent so much time sighing “I’m fine. I’m okay alone!” that your friends fully believe you now. Stop your masquerade, honey. It’s time to get real. It’s time to get honest. Invite your girls to happy hour, and get to the down and dirty truth. You are ready, you want a mate, and you need help finding love. You’ll be surprised how quickly your friends will jump on your jonesin’ … especially the ones already booed-up. You know my motto: “If You Don’t Ask, You Don’t Get” so get to asking – “Do you know anyone you think would be right for me?”
- Look within: It’s not you, it’s me. I agree. Sometimes you’re alone because you spend too much time on the external rather than the internal. Get yourself a mirror, or a journal, and start looking at yourself. Write down five things you love about yourself and five things you want to change … then get to work on what you want to change. You’ll be surprised at who you’ll start to attract once you’ve swept your internal closets free of love-blocking debris.
- Throw a party: That’s right…a par-tay! Do this to not only celebrate yourself, but also to bring out your Social Sally side. You’ll be invited out more, and by extension, you’re sure to meet more and more people. Your net(work) will widen, and you’ll find more fish. You’ll enjoy more cocktail sauce. Or something like that. Get to planning!
- Hire a dating agency: You get what you pay for, yes? Make an investment in yourself and go hire a professional. Done and done!
- Join a club: Bridge, Bid whist, Bungee jumping? Join it! You’ll not only serve your hankering for a hobby, you just may find a hubby.
Follow these nudges now, and your February 14th just might be lovely instead of lackluster.